Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Twist at the End of Horror Movie Reveals the Viewer is Also Dead

EUROPE- In the new Zarbinski directed horror flick, Watch Me Watching You, the viewer is taken on an emotional roller coaster ride filled with twists and turns to rival a mountain road. But the finale of the  merciless plot is a heavier blow than usually expected. "I just didn't see how the average movie theater patron could relate to the story without facing their own demise," said Zarbinski.

That's right, we are all dead.

Zarbinski got the idea when watching the Sixth Sense. "I wanted to take the 'I see dead people' line to the next level," said Zarbinski. "I wanted it to become, 'I am dead people.'" Five minutes before the horror film ends, the viewer is faced with the protagonist's death. Zarbinski wanted the audience to feel utterly defeated before he dealt the final plot twist- their own mortality.

"Why do people come to horror movies?" asked Zarbinski. "To feel dread and hopelessness... I have delivered on all counts, but will I receive an Oscar? No." Zarbinski, who specializes in horror flicks, feels his niche in the industry is slighted by the Academy. He hoped that the unique twist of fate at the end of Watch Me Watching You would earn him his first nomination. "I really just want all of the Academy judges to watch it so they realize they're lifeless vacuums too, that would be swell," said Zarbinski.

Many are calling this horror film the apocalypse, genocide, and interestingly, a zombie invasion. If one thing can be agreed upon, it's that the film has caused utter chaos. Relatives aren't returning from their afternoon movies, first dates are abruptly brought to a close, and thousands of suicides have been performed already. "It can't be genocide," said Robert York, the mental health chair at St. Mary's Hospital. "It's so non discriminatory- if you have a pulse and see this movie, you must die essentially. You can't get much more inclusive than that."

York does take the other allegations more seriously. "As for the zombie theory...well, I've had both katana and flame thrower within arm's reach for the past seven years...come at me you brainless bastards, I'll lay waste to you."

This reporter refuses to watch the movie, because I value life and am a self proclaimed coward. However, Zarbinski has not yet watched the entire film either. "I need to do more with my life, I have an unfilled destiny or prophecy as it were," said Zarbinski. "I plan to change the course of the children's genre forever...and that's all I can say on the subject."

Watch Me Watching You has already claimed 45 million lives worldwide. An attempt to ban the movie has already occurred, but free speech activists have slowed the process. "We all have the right to realize or deny our own mortality," said activist Cheryl Noble. "This film is just an expression of that, and though I do not wish to die immediately, I will defend to the death the filmmaker's right to experiment with life itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment